So glad we did cloth diapers - r/all had a room full of disposable diapers

@fishsack 🙋🏼‍♀️ twin mom here! Yeah. We (okay, I, and my husband just got in line) decided to go cloth diaper before even finding out we were having twins, but when I see pictures of people's disposable stashes, it just reinforces that we made the right choice.

@mikentexas I cloth diapered my twins from the day we got home from the hospital until they toilet trained. My friends talking about going to the store just for diapers was enough for me to feel secure in my choice. Running a load of laundry will always be easier than loading two babies up to go to the store.

@fishsack I have twins. They're 10 weeks. I'm really only getting them in to cloth now. I initially started at 6 weeks, but 1 ended up in hospital with RSV, and I was with him. Then we went away for Christmas and didn't have space in the car for nappies. My mother in law had disposables waiting there for us. After we got back, I got sick with covid. That brings us to the end of last week. I didn't get a double newborn stash so I'm doing a mix of cloth and disposables. Once they fit into onesize, no more disposables. I can't wait! The waste right now is awful. I think I'd pass out if anyobought us that many disposables.

@sarahdosher My original plan was to use disposables for traveling. Never happened. We started cloth day 5, took our first kid on his first overnight trip at 13/14 days old and just went for it with the cloth and never looked back.
I have taken cloth diapers on camping trips, backpacking trips, a 9-day, road trip and recently did a 4 day trip with my baby and toddler in cloth.

@caleb23 Oh, can you tell me how you do washing while traveling? Any time we've been away for more than two days we do disposables because I'm uncertain about a wash routine either on an unknown machine as a guest or a public machine if we're camping. We also backpack and have discussed the logistics of cloth for that as well but haven't tried that yet either (she's only 10 wks old, so still fresh!)

@kinghenzy We have a lot of diapers, so that helps! Usually, the dirty diapers just come home for the wash, but I've done laundry at my Sil's and my aunt and uncle's. I bring my own detergent and Google water hardness before I go, but I figure as long as I use an appropriate amount of detergen, one wash isn't going to totally derail everything. I've only done single night backpacking trips and I took flats and covers since they're the smallest/lightest option, and a paper bag or two for getting poop into the outhouse. He usually doesn't poo the first day we go on a trip so never had to deal with catholes or anything. Once he started solids, I have a.sprayer at home but use disposable liners and/or a spatula and dunk and flush methods when traveling.

@kinghenzy just realized you asked about adapting to an unknown machine. I just go for whatever is closest to a heavy soil, cold wash, extra rinse, then heavy soil, hot water and extra rinse.