Podcasts for road trip with 8-10 y/o kids?

@seeburger My kids absolutely love story pirates and the stories podcasts. For audio books we have listened to "Project Hail Mary" like 6 times. We also listened to the "Real Life Zombies" podcast. For some reason my kids now insist on listening to "Nudge" which they are going bonkers over. My boys are 8 and 10

@seeburger Podcasts my kids love in addition to those already mentioned (wow in the world and story pirates), include:
  • melons house party
  • circle round
  • greeking out
  • brains on
  • forever ago
  • flip and mozi how to be an earthling

@seeburger Ologies is really really great, some episodes might be a bit mature for that age group (should be pretty obvious which ones) but I believe you can find censored versions on the website.

@irchris321 Smologies! The shorter, kid-friendly version of Ologies, where Allie Ward talks to professional “ologists” about what it is they study. Fantastic podcast.

@seeburger When my teens were younger our go-to road trip audiobooks were Lois Lowey’s Gooney Bird Green books. Easy fun listening.

For podcasts they loved wow in the world.

On one trip we found an online collection of the old “CBS Radio Mystery Theatre” shows. Super scratchy old recordings, some with the original commercials still included.

@seeburger “Backstage at the Vinyl Cafe” for Stuart McLean’s
enjoyable stories for all ages. My daughter and I enjoy them equally for car rides (she’s younger than your kids, but I’m older than them).

@seeburger Nateland. It's comedy, but has some educational for sure. Every episode has a topic. Very family friendly. My wife and kids love it. 2hr ish episodes. 3-4 stand up comidians having regular conversations. Pure gold!

@seeburger While it’s no longer in production, Futility Closet is a fun podcast about oddities in history and lots of lateral thinking puzzles. My kids enjoy it

Back