No co sleep unless your body does what it’s supposed to do?

@notedfaith This actually is the reason I see listed everywhere! Breastfeeding apparently reduces SIDS because breastfed babies wake more during the night… but when I see people say that formula fed babies sleep better and sleep through the night sooner, suddenly there’s no evidence for that 🙄 honestly they just wanna act like breastfeeding is magic and there aren’t possibly any upsides to formula lol

@notedfaith Omg yes, I breastfed my son for a week and oh man, I almost broke. He woke up every 30-1 hr all day and all night. Cried so much in between. Then we switched to formula and then bam! A completely different baby. He became so calm and suddenly would sleep 2-3 hour stretches. My husband, who was previously an exclusive breastfeeding advocate, told me to stop breastfeeding already since the baby likes the formula more.

And now, my son sleeps 7-7 and my coteacher who exclusively breastfed from the start, still wakes up every 2 hrs every night.

Idk if there's a correlation but formula made such a huge impact on my son's quality of sleep.

@notedfaith This. I hate co sleeping bit I only get an hour stretch in the crib bc she wants to be held, then on and off the boob allllll night. I also hate breastfeeding. She won’t take a bottle so I’m working on straw cup and formula .

My first was also a terrible sleeper and didn’t breastfeed so we ended up doing the same thing we’re doing now. Bottle or boob, no difference. Co sleeping is sometime the only way i get any rest

@notedfaith I was hoping someone would call this out. La Leche League cherry picks data and then throws around pro breast milk statements with no evidence including this. It could very well be valid but as far as I know there have been no studies that cosleeping is safer for breastfed babies and it’s more dubious science.

If you have the spoons this book may be worth checking out so you have a better understanding of the nuances around the benefits of breastfeeding. I am not anti breastfeeding, I come from a social science background and have been trained on how to critique research and was getting very frustrated that things were presented to me as fact with no apparent scientific backing. I think it can be a very positive thing but the health benefits compared to formula are not as cut and dry.

Lactivisim

Edit: also don’t get me started on tongue ties and the business drivers behind it.