No clue what to get toddler for Christmas

@kievonn Same have had the Picasso tiles for a few years and bought more - great quality. Highly recommend - go on good deal Black Friday or a few family members can contribute towards them

@kievonn mine turns 3 in mid-January and yeah, it's hard to come up with anything she wants. she's mostly content to just hang around with us doing chores, or play with the toys she already has. we're going to get her a kitchen knife, a new way-too-difficult "big kid" puzzle, and maybe some roller skates that go over her shoes.
she's also really into letters, so we're looking at something like this where she can start exploring words without actually reading.

Things I would buy if we didn't already have them: micro scooter and helmet, apron, little dust pan and broom (by far the thing that gets the most use in our home lol), beach ball, dress-up clothes.

@ohanzee We bought a $30 corded vacuum by Bissell that has a removable handle. So you can use it more easily on stairs and it looks like a toddler sized vacuum. He cleans up his own Crumb messes it's great.

@kievonn For Christmas he’s getting chalk, a book on cars, a brio train set with a station so he can put them to sleep at night, chalk, and a yoto.
For his birthday right after he’s getting a play kitchen, a dance class, and a fishing game.

@kievonn My 3 year old LOVES little people. She has a house and school bus and a camper. They are her favorite toys to play with. She also asked for this game where a kangaroo poops 😭😭. Her birthday is 12/1 so I got her like 4 gifts for her birthday and 4/5 gifts for Xmas.

@kievonn If you don’t already have; maybe have people chip in for a balance bike and play couch those are my wants for her spring birthday. Smaller stuff she’s getting for Xmas/are on her list; art supplies, books, a lite brite, links, calico critter stuff, bath bombs with jewelry inside, a baby yoda bc she always wants it when we pass one in the store lol

@kievonn Miniature versions of all of daddy’s stuff: we already have a bubble blowing leaf blower and tiny lawnmower, but I’m adding a toy toolbox because he’s constantly trying to go into daddy’s. Tape measure! Lil hammer!

My mom is getting him a backpack and new lunchbox for daycare.

Might get a bed tent and weighted toddler blanket as he likes to pile all his toys, pillows, and stuffies on top of himself at bedtime.

@kievonn I have a list going--every time she sees something in a store or mentions something cool, I jot it down in my phone, or we snap a photo. Once we're shopping for real, we can pick and choose off the list

@kievonn Our toddler is getting Magnatiles as his main gift from us and a recorder from Santa. From others I'm looking for imagination play toys - toolbox, doctor's kit, things of that nature. I would love to get him a play kitchen, but we just don't have the space for it. Books are always an easy win with us, and given what you've said about your daughter, early board games would be another option! Haba board games are ones I see recommended pretty frequently

@kievonn I'm getting mine some trains and wood tracks. They were released when I was a bit too old and have always wanted them, now I get to live a bit vicariously through my babe.

@kievonn Things I got my toddler last Christmas/her third birthday:

Counting dinosaur color matching toy- they use little tweezers to count/match the animals to their correct color bowls.

Wooden fishing game- there’s a magnet on the end and they fish. This actually taught my daughter her colors.

Jr Scrabble- it has regular scrabble on one side but on the other side, it’s for toddlers. The words are already on the board and they match the letters from their pile and make words.

Baby doll accessories and gear, carrier, stroller, etc.

@kievonn My son turns 3 right before Christmas and we have asked for art supplies, and his own suite case. I am also kind of leaning toward Montessori but not quite all in.

I make color themed activity boxes and sell them on Etsy, if that is something you think she would like I'd be happy to share a link. They contain 2 crafts, a sensory activity and a gross motor development game.

@kievonn My toddler is still only 2.5 but she sounds pretty similar to your child in terms of being tall and smart as a whip. We just had her baby brother so she’s been really into baby dolls and we received an amazon toy magazine and she had pointed out some specific dolls she wants. She also likes looking at pictures and pretending to take pictures so I put a toddler digital camera on her wish list, Barbies, the outside roller coaster thing, items to create an obstacle course, new play dough, new markers

@kievonn My 3.5 year old has been begging for a pedal bike (no training wheels) since a couple of months after her birthday. She’s been absolutely obsessed with her balance bike since she turned 3 in May.

Besides that, she loves dress up, imaginary play (like playhouse with figurines type imaginary play), Magnatiles, Brio Trains, Playdoh, stickers, and art (markers, crayons, painting, water colors, coloring books, etc.). Also anything with Mickey or Minnie Mouse. She loved a fort building kit she played with at a friend’s house a few weeks ago so we ordered that for her.

@kievonn our list for our almost three year old is: floor puzzle, magnatiles, scooter, art supplies. want to keep it simple and not get overladen w/crap, and actually have stuff he'll enjoy!

@kievonn Small gifts all wrapped separately! Sparkling nail polish, hair bows, cute socks, stickers, a little candy, a couple quarters, a bag of fancy rocks to transfer from one item (box or bag or such) to another, crayons, color books, reading books, a couple postcards, a photo album of pictures of her and people she loves, a purse, some balls, a doll, a animal stuffy, a blanket, some puzzles, a $5-$10 gift card to Walmart or Target, a “coupon book” with homemade coupons saying things like bake cookies, spa time with mommy (at home of course), outdoor adventure, etc., a night light, a flashlight, a bouquet of fake flowers, a jump rope, a music triangle, a pair of high heel play shoes, ETC.
Young kids love amount more than expensive items! Have fun with it! And have a beautiful birthday and holiday season!!!

Back