Mixing 2 different formulas

h_hiltonhudson

I have been using Gentlease, but to offset the cost I found the generic gentle and have been mixing them (75%/25%)z. Baby doesn’t tolerate the generic more than that ratio so it’s all that I can do. I was wondering if they way I’m doing it is okay? I do it by:

1) filling bottle with water
2) adding Gentlease scoops needed
3) adding generic scoops needed
4) shaking or swirling bottle to mix

(I also have a pitcher I like to use)

I just read online somewhere that they recommend mixing the formulas separately with water and then combining them after that. Is the way I do it okay or do I need to change?

@h_hiltonhudson That is the way we did it as well. I know they say to do it separately but, why? If the measurements are the same all you are doing is substituting.

@h_hiltonhudson the generic gentle has a different amount of partially hydrolized proteins! check out the formula fairy on instagram, she has some posts about this and is very responsive to messages! generic complete comfort wokld be a better swap and you might be able to replace the name brand all together to really save some money!

@h_hiltonhudson I do a mixture as well and do it this way. My daughter spat up like crazy on kendamil and less on bubs goat milk, but doesn’t tolerate the taste of 100% bubs. It works for us.