Kids are dropping the N-Word

@nathanstrong Mods, we need to sort out these stupid clickbait titles. OP, you know you have to explain to your 7yr old what the real word means in an appropriate manner. Nothing wrong with playing games with some boundaries.

@nathanstrong As parents, we’ve all been there in one way or another before. My sympathies!

From a purely humorous standpoint, I’d try to get them to use “neophyte” instead of “noob” moving forward. Might as well increase their vocabulary while they’re insulting each other ;).

Good luck!

@nathanstrong No offense, and spoken as a gamer. Your kids are too young for games with social components and it's ludicrous not to foresee this as a possible result of breaking that seal. Even if the actual n word was not spoken, you came way closer than you'd like to think.

@nathanstrong What is the issue with noob bro lighten tf up. My daughter learned the real N word from one of her little friends at school and that was an interesting and fairly heavy conversation for an 8 year old

@azdsweets Not meant to be funny. The interesting thing is that there was a time not too long ago when raising kids to be oblivious to race was the goal. It would be tough for me to be apologetic about my kids not knowing racial slurs.

@honza It's meant to be funny. You expect one thing and it's another thing. It's as clickbaity as a dad joke. It's a relatable story of a dad trying to navigate a difficult word with his young children. Clickbait isn't everything that isn't exactly what you expect.

@d10sfan They are saying “n-word” not saying the N-word. They are subbing n-word for newb because dad doesn’t like that word. The problem is n-word refers to the racial slur.