is it okay to take baby out now?

@idiotonabike That’s entirely insane. Your baby doesn’t literally need to be INSIDE when you’re trying to keep them away from illness. All they need is to not be touched, held, or in enclosed spaces with a lot of people for a while.

I took baby for out door walks the day we got home from the hospital. Even the grocery store. At 4 weeks we went to a friends kids birthday in the park. Sure, don’t take them to an indoor gathering and pass them around to anyone and everyone, but you do not need to be isolated at all.

@nggondez This.

Take your baby places and enjoy life, but don't let strangers touch them and don't gather in tight quarters with people you don't know.

This sub is wild with paranoia. Glad to see someone sensible.

@idiotonabike We took ours to starbucks for lunch at 5 days old, I can’t stand being inside 24/7! After that we took him out for lunches and shopping with us, nothing major, just didn’t let anyone else hold him.

He did end up getting a cold at 2 weeks and spent a night in hospital, but he caught that from his dad.

It’s what you feel comfortable with, and you have to consider your mental health too, you can’t get rid of every single risk.

@idiotonabike I think you should be totally fine to take him out to the park especially if you stay away from other people. I was out for walks with our son after a week or so, we just waited to take him out to busy places until he was 8 weeks old. Get out the house and feed your soul I say, your mental health is more at risk than your baby if you can’t even go for a socially distant walk outside. Nature is proven to improve mental wellbeing and it’s good for babies to get outside and see something different. My son LOVES just looking at trees, leaves and sky. It’s good for their development!

@idiotonabike Yes absolutely, so important for your mental health to get out and about. Go to a Cafe where you can sit outside, walk around the park to get that daily fresh air. That's what I did and I stated going to cafes where i could sit outdide when bubs was 4 weeks old.

Ok reading the comments, I didn’t realise this was a fear I was supposed to have…. / could have (Not being vaccinated and passing him around 🤦🏼‍♀️). He’s 2 months and doing well so far.

@belinda Yes, it will always be too soon for jokes about murdered children who spent the last years of their life terrorized into hiding and then being slowly tortured to death by a political movement that was trying to exterminate an entire race of people. That will never be funny to me.

@redvelvetcake The joke isn't about Anne. The joke is that unless you are as in need to stay indoors as she was, its okay to take the baby out. Anne wasn't the butt of any joke there. But it's okay we find different things amuse us.

@idiotonabike Fresh air is good for them! We took our guy on walks daily and he loved it. Even when we went to a brewery or mall, we just went at lower traffic times and I had a cover on his stroller. Go for it!