I just asked my 3yo to spell his name and he said B-L-I-P-P-I

@1godsman We tried watching a few episodes and maybe we watched the wrong ones, but I didn't see what was so educational about it. Tbh I also don't understand the distinction between educational and entertainment tv. My husband claims Dora the Explorer is better than Baby Bus, but they both turn my 3yo into a tyrant when it's time to turn it off so it's kind of a wash to me

@emmiejoy Read the comments though, kids are learning all sorts of stuff from him. Everything from colors, numbers, types of vehicles (and who operates them and how they work), etc. It may not be educational in the sense there is a "lesson" in every episode, but he is definitely educating kids. My kid loves him, but we only allow a certain amount because if I have to listen to his "excavator" song one more time.....

@teeeecher1 I don’t know. It’s a grey line for me. If the only baseline for something being “educational” is that kids learn something then literally every experience, conversation, sight and toy would be considered educational. Which, I guess it is sort of. But there’s some super weird stuff about Blippi so you have to consider what else are kids “learning” besides catchy useless songs and parts of machines.

Back