I don’t get it

@15gb2 We started us paying closer attention to her sleepy cues and she's pretty in-line with what "experts" say is the wake-window for her age. As far as length of naps, she sleeps what she sleeps (when and if she sleeps). For the most part, she sleeps 45 minutes - 1.5 hours every 2-3 hours (she's 8 months).

For eating, she eats when she expresses hunger or if we offer (solids) and she accepts. Most of the solids end up as dog treats as she is trying to make friends with our pup who is barely putting up with her.

@15gb2 I based my wake windows and ounces fed around my baby’s cues and their natural sleep patterns. And there wasn’t much of a schedule for the first few weeks, it’s a clusterf*ck. Eventually they start falling into patterns, and so I let baby basically dictate the schedule, I was just helping them stick to it. Recording things on an app like huckleberry can help you see patterns (or even just a simple notes app).

@15gb2 Mines 4 now. But the schedule was more for me than her. She was VERY easy to predict. Like I could tell you almost to the minute when she would need to start working on going for a nap to prevent over or under tiredness. So the schedule was to remind me not to control her. If that makes sense? It was also fluid- so depending on when she woke up in the morning, her schedule would shift one way or another. Until she was about 18-24 months when she was on a specific consistent schedule. Then she stopped napping at 2.5 yrs sooo that was it for that.

@15gb2 My boys a little twins so I have to have a schedule or everything is off since there are two of them. But they are also easy in terms of reading their signs. Fussy AF? Time for a nap. Wake up from nap? Feed. Cry if they are still hungry or just stop taking a bottle. They are creatures of habit so I’ve learned what they need.

I am excited for going to one nap though and weaning from bottles! lol

@15gb2 I did not attempt to put my son on a routine until he was about 10 months old. I followed his cues at first. His first few months of life he was changing so fast that by the time I thought I had identified a pattern, he was ready to do something different.

Around 6 months he started to become more predictable. I wish I'd implemented a schedule then, because by the time I finally did, I was breaking down from him constantly melting down and me not knowing what he needed. I made sure it was a schedule all caregivers could adhere to.

@15gb2 Each child is different, so YMMV. Follow your child's lead for now. One of the nice things about being a SAHP is that you don't have to force your child into a routine that doesn't work for the sake of daycare.

@15gb2 Follow your baby's lead for now. You'll know when your child is ready for a more structured schedule. One of the best things about being a SAHP is not having to force your LO into a routine that doesn't work for them.

@15gb2 With both of mine I’ve nursed on demand and let them sleep when tired. It’s been phenomenal. Bed time is the one thing that has kept constant.

@15gb2 Yeah I do baby-led everything too. She sleeps 8 hours straight at night. I swear baby-led is the best way. She's five months old and exclusively breastfeed.

@15gb2 Yeah I do baby-led everything too. She sleeps 8 hours straight at night. I swear baby-led is the best way. She's five months old and exclusively breastfeed.

@15gb2 I chanted wake windows cause my kids never actually “went to sleep when tired” or gave indication they were tired until they were overtired. Once I started following age appropriate wake windows my life got easier.