I didn’t clean baby’s back properly and she had poop on it

doublev

Hey parents, while changing my daughter’s diaper, I didn’t clean her back properly and I didn’t see that her tights had poop stain on them. Shortly after, my husband was changing her, and he saw the thing that I missed. He got irritated. I apologized for missing the thing and I said I will be more careful next time. I also added that probably it has happened to other parents as well. I wonder, if it has happened to you? Please share kindly if it has happened to you or not. I feel very sad because of the situation especially because it seems like my husband is still very irritated by me.

@anchoredhopeministries lmao that’s what I was thinking, and it reminded me of that tik tok trend where people asked men if they cleaned their butts in the shower, and so many said they just assume that the soap going down their body does it for them 😂

@speckodust Some people make fewer mistakes than others.

I'm pretty meticulous and careful by nature. I'm always double, triple checking things and orient my behaviors to reduce the chances of mistakes.

It always bothers me when others are careless or flippant about things, mainly because I'm the one who has to clean up the mess. I wish i could care less and do a shitty job for someone else to clean up, but that's not in my nature.

@doublev Yes, it is common, especially as you’re getting the hang of changing a diaper deftly without upsetting baby. he is being silly and severe, maybe from being tired/stressed and some prior hang ups around cleanliness.

@doublev It happens! Sometimes, I leave it on with a little stain if it’s inconvenient to change all the clothes right away. For example, if the stain is already dry but the baby is clean otherwise and we’re on the way home, I might wait until we’re home instead of changing all the clothes in a store or wherever.

@doublev Your husband is an asshole for sure.

He should have handled this better, like trying to get the poop off baby or something like that.
As a FTM, there's definitely small things you're going to miss, not deliberately but sometimes due to exhaustion.
He should apologize for disapproving your abilities at a time you're trying your best to be there for baby.

@doublev Dude, I was washing my girl in the bath and she had something crusty in her hair, turned out to be poop! Like how even???? She was only like 8 weeks at the time so she didn't put it there 🤷‍♀️

It isn't a big deal lol

@doublev FTM and it has happened a couple times. I'm more concerned with poop in the genitals being missed, but it happens as we are all trying our best. If my husband tried holding a grudge with me about an honest mistake like that, which he would never, I would be furious and force him to talk it out. His reaction was totally unfair to you.

@doublev Sounds like your husband probably has a few frustrations built up, I couldn't see how a poop stain can be such a big deal but could be one of a few things bothering him. He, you and baby may need your own flavours of support throughout this time, so be open to him about it all. I know in our short time with the little one I've let it get the better of me too

@doublev Hahaha. Aaaah. Yeah. It happens to everyone.
And if he wants to start nitpicking at your little mistakes, he can take over all cleaning duties from now on.

What's fun is the horror stories I've heard about babies that like reaching into their diapers and playing with the poop.