I am exhausted... from walking

meplus3

I am about 27 weeks pregnant and seriously thought I would be the pregnant lady who was on the peloton up until I popped this baby out. But lately all I can do is walk the dog. We normally do two 2-mile walks a day but by the end of the second walk I am exhausted. I feel so unfit and dont even recognize my body anymore. I am on track (whatever that means) with my weight gain, but I worry I am not doing enough physical activity to stay healthy during this pregnancy. If I am already feeling this way at 27 weeks I am scared of what I will be like during the third trimester. I am just so ready for this baby to be here so I can get back to feeling like my old self.

@meplus3 Girl I feel you. This shit is hard.

If it helps at all, in my first pregnancy I mostly just walked (including light hiking) throughout. I worked out some before the morning sickness hit, then did a little weight lifting in the second tri, but in the third tri I had no energy for it. So I walked my dog, went on walks with my pregnant friend, and hiked some weekends. I had a super healthy pregnancy right up until the very end, easy delivery, and an easy recovery. Walking really is enough! For people who can manage more - that’s amazing!! But if you can’t, please don’t beat yourself up.

@meplus3 I had a full on meltdown yesterday after painting the upstairs loft in my house because of how incapable of everyday tasks I am. My poor husband. I’m 27 weeks tomorrow and feeling the same. I’m still doing peloton a couple times a week but not at all to the extent or intensity I used to. We’re almost there! 2/3 of the way done!

@meplus3 I was in the best shape of my life up til I got my first pregnancy test. I've continued working with my trainer and have done my best. I am barely getting closer to 10k steps a day and I've reduced to maybe 2 workouts a week. I'm 35 weeks and have realized this is really, really hard. And my pregnancy is relatively easier than some.

@meplus3 I feel this! Sending comfort and hugs. It’s been a mental trip for me. We walk our dog each day but I’ve dialed back my workouts and intensity considerably. I get through a 20-25min bri battles and I’m freaking relieved it’s over, whereas I used to be up-and-at-em on Peloton 4-5 times a week. Wins these days for me look like walking and ensuring I complete my stretches given to me by my pelvic floor PT. Anything else HAS to be extra. So much easier to type than it is to mentally process this, for sure.

@meplus3 I don’t have any advice but just wanted to comment and say I am in the same boat at 12 weeks 😭. I miss exercising, and all my friends at the gym. All I can do is walk, and it is so hard. Here’s hoping it turns around for both of us 🤞

@meplus3 Here to commiserate! At 23 weeks, I keep wondering how much longer I can call what I'm doing a workout. I definitely thought I'd be the preggo running through 3rd tri too haha! Thinking the fatigue might be a mix of growing a human + winter blues + no endorphin hit from my workouts.

Back