I’ve had a fever every day for 8 days and I’m so pissed off.

@gina Was about to say…sounds like ghosts. In terms of hysteria, I hope you don’t have a lot of yellow wallpaper in your home…

@gina You are HILARIOUS. Crying laughing at your posts and all of your replies. But also, sending solidarity as a working mom whose crawling out of her own personal sickness hell. Love to you.

@rhunette lol not your fault. I think it’s funny when people talk about chilblains. Very few people even know what it is, because I’m not living in a British workhouse.

@gina Ok I’m not hippy dippy and actually married to a doctor whose eyes roll so far to the back of his head when I say this works for me but… raw garlic.

It’s hard to eat so I toast some bread and rub 1-2 garlic cloves in the bread (both sides) and eat the bread. Usually I have it with olive oil and salt as well. Just don’t cook the garlic! Eat as much raw garlic as you can.

@refinersfire I knew someone was going to come in here and say raw garlic. I swear I’ve read that it helps so many places. I’m going to try it. Like I said my spouse won’t come near me anyway so it’s not like eating garlic will make it worse.

@gina Ok, so I'm Taiwanese, and we eat raw garlic for funsies. I don't know if eating raw garlic will cure your plague, but I have a tip for eating raw garlic if you're dreading the experience. If you're not feeling nauseous, eat it with the juiciest, greasiest sausage you can get your hands on. Raw garlic is 🌶️✨ spicy✨🌶️. Eating greasy, salty sausage in between bites of raw garlic will make it better because the spiciness will cut through the grease. It's almost like eating a mild pepper, and the garlic-ness of it pairs with the grease better. Godspeed.

@refinersfire As an Italian I am begging y'all to roast the garlic before you spread it on toast! It'll taste way better with the same medicinal benefits. You can just pop whole heads of garlic in a pan, douse them in olive oil, and roast them on a low heat. When you squeeze the roasted garlic heads, the garlic will just squish out of the shell in a paste. Spread the garlic paste on hot toast and sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the top, it's heaven. Bonus, the olive oil that's left over after roasting is now garlic olive oil.

@emilyd I'm nursing a cold right now, so I am going to march downstairs and DEMAND garlic bread immediately for my health. Grazie for this helpful reminder to focus on my health! 🤌🤤

@emilyd Yes roasted garlic on bread is incredible and actually my Italian husband is the one who taught me about rubbing garlic and tomatoes on toasted bread but cooking it actually kills some of the “healing properties” of garlic. Typically I do raw garlic on toast and then eat it with aglio e olio but a ton of aglio haha

Back