I’ve had a fever every day for 8 days and I’m so pissed off.

@secret78 Agree, I had mono and fevers for a week when my daughter was 6 months old. I was going to try to work, but my husband realized I was too confused to even figure out how to drive. That was rough. Even when I went back, I was so weak, I could barely work.

@gina Girl. What are you on and can you share it?

Kidding. At least you still have your sense of humor. Hopefully you keep the dysentery at bay. Get well
Soon!

@steve337 I haven’t done drugs since college but I think it’s called MeeMaws speed ball. It’s a combination of Zyrtec-D, prednisone, two hits from a rescue inhaler, 4 packets of theraflu and an estrogen patch just in case.

@gina Are you a writer?? You should be! Re getting better… get oregano oil, 3 drops into one cup water and drink in one big gulp. It’s worked for me every time.

@mjay Thank you! I’m just all hopped up on spaghetti-o’s and a mountain of medications that are probably interacting in a way that they shouldn’t.

I’ll try oregano oil even though that sounds disgusting. Someone else on here already had me eat raw garlic, can’t get much worse than that.

@coneychiwa What does the oregano oil do? Just coat your throat so you’re not constantly feeling that tickle and need to cough, help break up mucus…? I also have a lingering cough driving me bonkers and honey does little to nothing.

@calvaryoakville My coworker recommended it to me. I guess she was getting annoyed at my constant coughing at our teams call. Supposed to have antibacterial properties to help fight bacterial causes of cough/mucus. Fyi, it tastes and smells bad. I’d add some honey or something to make it more palatable.

@gina Your sense of humor has me cackling as much as my illness allows, since I too am laid out. But I feel for you!!

My go to for mucusy cough - hot toddy. Whisky, lemon, honey.

My go to for stuffy nose and sharp cough - peppermint in whisky.

Whisky helps break up mucus. Peppermint opens up the sinuses. The lemon and honey coat and soothe the throat.

@gina It might. It’s really the liquors effect you want; white claw I think would achieve the same thing, it’s just of course very diluted. But in a toddy you just use a splash of whisky so you don’t get that burn!

Back