I’m at a loss with my 7 year old

@ericthesinner It's definitely a good idea to get an evaluation done. She could be on the spectrum. She sounds very similar to how my partner was as a child. It's not at all a bad thing if she is, it just means you can help her learn to cope with some of the feelings she has.

She might behave really well at school because it is structured and routine. While being tired of friends being over could be because of to much social stimulation.

@mattj15 But she can go out and play with them in the neighborhood or their houses for 2 days without any issue! But I agree, we are getting it looked at. We don’t believe it’s her as much as it’s us trying to navigate through the emotions the right way. And if she is on the spectrum that is ok too. We will have an idea and hopefully an approach to it all!

@ericthesinner Ah yeah definitely could be anything. Only thing I'd add is that women are diagnosed almost a 1/4 as much as men and it's very different person to person. My partner used to go to concerts all the time with crowds of people. Yet loud restaurants are her triggers. But I'm no expert so it's good you doing everything you can anyway 🙂

Back