HoW WiLl I hIdE tHaT i'M nOt DrInKiNg

@ayrus87 My close friends know why I'm not drinking. Thank goodness for working from home because happy hours would be another issue. Other than that I just tell people I'm on antibiotics and no one questions anything lol

Its amazing how many people have problems with others not drinking.

Good luck on your journey

@ayrus87 My sister would have her husband drink a beer in a dark bottle, then she rinsed that out and filled that with water and sipped it. There’s probably trace beer residue but that’s not gonna hurt anything. I’m intensely private so I would totally try that to avoid scrutiny.

@ayrus87 Ohhh noooo I’m so sorry. What a rough week.

For future reference, there are new non-alcoholic products that some bars are carrying these days and can use to make a non-alcoholic cocktail. Two brands I can think of are Seedlip and Ritual. Call ahead and ask if they carry either of those or can order in.

@ayrus87 I am definitely nervous about this, especially with my MIL and SIL since we often pop open some wine (sometimes in the middle of the afternoon!) when we visit.

Someone upthread mentioned this, but my plan is to say im participating in Dry January because I feel gross and overindulgent after the holidays (not a lie), and then I will just say it went so well that I want to continue it in the later months. Obviously doesn’t work right away, but Dry January is fairly common so I don’t think it would rouse suspicion. At least not right away.

@ayrus87 If you drink wine you can get wine flavored water enhancers . I believe they sell flavors like rose at Walmart. Bring our own twist cap bottle of “wine” and go crazy.

@ayrus87 This is me too 😅 Seeing my In-laws for the first time in forever. We’re going to a beach house for a long weekend. Husband and I started brainstorming weeks ago of how to hide me not drinking. Well I’m 11dpo with another bfn and spotting already started. Yay!

At least I can drink. My mil is ready to jump at any chance she gets to guess I’m pregnant so that should keep those questions at bay. And I know I’ll get super sad if she does say anything bc this weekend is when I planned to share the news before I miscarried.

Everyone has such good ideas! I'll tuck them away for the future. I'm sure most people don't care whether you drink or not, but when I've abstained from drinking at family gatherings with my in laws in the past just because I've felt like it, I've gotten "OMG are you pregnant?!"

@ayrus87 This happened to me two cycles ago. Spotting on day 9 I was like ohhhh maybe? No. Full AF day 10 what in the living F. So mad...

Hope you feel better soon! You're not alone.

Back