How it feels to be a pregnant person who got the J&J vaccine 4 days before it was banned

boateng

... It feels not great.

I went against my OB’s recommendation not to get this vaccine because I’m high risk otherwise (plus size, asthma) and I’m so sick of living in fear.

Went to get the jab Friday morning, they wouldn’t even tell me it was J and J until I arrived on-site. I was surprised and a little taken aback since I didn’t personally know anyone who had gotten that one, but I figured, hey only needing one shot is nice because my life has been completely taken over by medical appointments already.

I had really bad side-effects starting Friday night. My arm felt like it was going to fall off and I had full on body aches and chills and one of the worst headaches I’ve ever experienced for about 24 hours after that. The headache lingered a bit longer in a diminished capacity, but after a really uncomfortable weekend, I thought all was well.

Then this news bombshell drops about the CDC pausing the Johnson and Johnson vaccine due to blood clots in younger women. And the news is saying even thought it’s still relatively safe, pregnant or recently pregnant women should probably not get the J and J vaccine.

Welp, it’s too late for me. I know rationally that the chances of me getting a blood clot are infinitesimally small, but I can’t help but feel anxious and like I’ve put myself and my baby in danger.

@boateng I got it as well. It's helping me to remember that the clots happened at a rate of less than 1 in a million. They're like 1 in 1000 for hormonal birth control, which I've been on for almost a decade. The risks of fatality with getting COVID are still WAY higher.

@katrina2017 AND the rate of this particular type of clot is estimated at 1 in a million in the general population. That’s no greater risk than being unvaccinated.

Also the rate of clotting in hospitalized covid patients is 1 in 6....