How it feels to be a pregnant person who got the J&J vaccine 4 days before it was banned

@boateng I also received the J&J vaccine two days before the news broke and I am currently 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I feel the same anxiety as you and also worry if this was the right decision for me and my baby. What has been calming me are statistics surrounding this and the slim chance of anything developing. I also remind myself that I can stay alert to any changes in my body and go straight to the hospital if necessary.

I am grateful that this information was shared with the public so that I can do my own self-monitoring to see if I feel any different over the next two weeks. But in the end, it is just a waiting game. Hoping this message helps.

@boateng I got this one. About 3 weeks ago now. I had a little bit of nausea and a sore arm but nothing else really. My FIL actually texted my husband to find out how long ago I had gotten my shot last night because he had just seen about this. My husband did a little research too. Just remember that out of 7 million people that have gotten this shot, only six had a clot. And we don’t even know if those people had any underlying health issues that made them predisposed to blood clots already. Like everyone else is saying, look up the signs and make sure you watch. Try not to stress and just be vigilant.

@boateng If you haven’t gotten a blood clot in 4 days then you’re likely going to be completely fine. Also the side effects you experienced are what everyone is experiencing with the second dose of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines so it’s not like there’s much difference there.

@boateng I got second Pfizer no reaction to first but second one wrecked me. Had similar reaction as you. My entire body had extreme ache muscle pain. Even my knee hurts going to washroom and my pelvis pain amplified. I had to take Tylenol. Hopefully it is better tomorrow I am 31 weeks.

@boateng I got this vaccine two weeks ago today. I was worried when the news first broke. I did breath a sigh of relief today when I passed the two week mark. But when I read about it, I realized the risk is so small that I should probably focus my worry on other things. Only 6 cases of a clot out of millions of vaccines. I know I did the best with the information I had. My OB actually recommended that I get the vaccine. I asked her specifically about the J&J and she said it was fine. I think I will breath another sigh of relief after I have my anatomy scan next week.

I would try not to worry. Your chances are so small. If you did get the clot, doctors know how to treat it and it is rarely fatal. In fact, most patients who get that type of clot recover completely.

@boateng Try not to stress.. it was 6 people with serious blood clots out of 7 million vaccines administered. It's GOOD that they're erring on the side of caution and pulling it for now.

FWIW - birth control & smoking both have SUBSTANTIALLY higher rates of blood clots.