Any and all crying feels damaging

@omadaze It’s so important that our kids learn to feel discomfort, dissatisfaction, sadness and regret in our safe place.

Stopping your kid from crying is not necessarily what’s best for them.

I read a quote somewhere that said something along the lines of ‘don’t damage your child’s development because of YOUR anxieties’.

Your kid will experience these negative emotions in life, that’s non negotiable and healthy. What’s not healthy is for them to have never ever experienced them until they’re not in their safe space and with their safe people.

Let them feel their feelings. Be there nearby to support them, occasionally remind them your there if they need you but don’t try and stop them feeling, don’t try to fix everything for them.

@omadaze I always remember that we can’t take away every single thing that will ever make our babies sad or stressed (it’s life and their brains are just wired to be emotional irrationally sometimes). The research has shown that when they are loved and comforted through tantrums or bouts of crying, their brains are rewiring to learn how to independently cope someday. So I try to see comforting their cries as learning opportunities essentially!

We can’t remove all of the stress of the world but we can teach them how to navigate it. It is hard to see them sad though ❤️