Hi! FTM here. What workout routine helped you with labour and postpartum

internetimm712

I am 30 weeks currently. Recently pushing myself to do the SI joint rehab exercises, it takes 1.15 to 1.30 hours. And some ankle rehab which is for 30 minutes.
Although I ain't sweating and these ain't strenuous just stretches and help as my ankle injury ain't acting up and pelvic pain is little better.

I do mostly TAB activation in lying and and on kneeling 4 legs, cat camel, double bridge, quadruped rocking, clamshells, kneeling 4 leg arm extentions. The ankle exercises are mostly for a previous injury which I definitely want the pain to keep at bay with my increasing weight, basic toe crunches w/ towel, plantarflexion - dorsiflexion, piriformis stretch.

As of labour prep, I haven't started anything. Cant walk long coz of pelvic pain as a 20 mins stretch walk makes it bad. Apart from these, regular basis I cook twice everyday that's it. A little cleaning here and there.
Seeing a PFPT this week will hopefully get some exercises for my urinary incontinence and related to labour.

Do let know how can I manoeuvre through these next 10 - 11 weeks to help with labour and also postpartum.
I can start strengthening exercises now too, but thinking will I be able to do with an already everyday 2 hour stretches
But if something is worth I am planning to incorporate it.

P.S. I cried a lot this pregnancy, will do anything and everything to keep PPD at bay. And that's almost the main reason I am pushing myself to be more regular now. Looking for advice in this too.

Thanks in Advance!

@internetimm712 So I know that this is probably just genetics and I know I was very lucky, however… I started doing gentle prenatal yoga every day, with my first, at 20 weeks. My labor was 12 hours, which is very short for a first labor. With my second, I did vigorous prenatal yoga everyday until I couldn’t do it anymore. Contractions started at 630 am and I had a baby by 11am. I’m not sure if it’s why my labors were so short. But I do know that it’s benefits, mentally and physically, postpartum have been immensely beneficial for me.

@internetimm712 Momma Strong was great post baby, and I think she might do pre baby too.

I also did a lot of pregnancy yoga.

And I walked a lot with both babies. With the second I was doing run/walk up until a week before labour.

And I would recommend kegels already during pregnancy, not just after

@internetimm712 Definitely recommend prenatal yoga. I just watched videos on YouTube. I also watched and HIGHLY recommend watching Sarah Lavonne on YouTube. She does a bunch of videos teaching you how to prepare for labor and exercises to do. Good luck mama!

Back