Hey sleepy baby?

@dragonfly11 Our babies are so close! My June 11th baby is doing the same, and like the previous posters stated, it's a phase of rapid development. His teeth are cutting through, and he learned to clap and wave. Just last night, he woke up at 10pm and wouldn't settle until 1:30 am!!! I'm obviously exhausted. It's most likely a phase. I really like Dr Talbots calming tablets, too.

@dragonfly11 I read the whole thing in desperation but was frustrated because the advice is essentially there is no gentle way to deal with it and although you can try her gentle methods probably you’ll have to do her cry-it-out method. I really, really tried her best advice which was to stop pacifier falling asleep, no boob closer than 30min before, and I also tried to stop BF before 12am but at about 7months it was just making us miserable and it felt wrong to me. He was so upset and cried so much. The thing that helped me the most was stopping reading all those advice books and figuring out how to co-sleep safely so baby could crawl up, BF, and roll over again to fall asleep. Easy, and I could stay half asleep.

Also, accepting that my husband and I had polar opposite beliefs on it and letting / asking him to sleep in a different room.

Now at almost 2 baby is down to one wake up and boy do we feel like new people. I’m glad I did it the way I did it although it’s always going to be down to you / your beliefs, my husband would still say he wished we sleep trained.

EDIT: I was mixing her up with Precious Little Sleep! Ignore, ignore what I say about fuss it out / cry it out, I don’t know anything about this person in particular. Sorry!

@nessmisfit I’m completely shocked to hear that she would recommend anything cry it out adjacent based on following her for so long, and having her crib guide which says nothing of the sort.

I also did what you did, by tuning out everything else and committing to the floor bed and safe sleep seven breastsleeping. Slowly made our way to rolling away and letting her sleep alone for portions of the night, and then dad started doing night wakes. We were at one wake a night for a while around her 2nd birthday and now she sleeps through the night in her own room majority of nights. Wouldn’t have done it any other way, and am so much happier postpartum with my two week old than I was last time.

Back