Father in Law wants to change baby’s name so badly

@greetgreew i absolutely dont want unsolicited advice from family. i want to figure out how to be a parent by trusting instincts and learning from parenting classes and my doctor etc because the unsolicited advice i have been given by family isnt safe for my baby.

unfortunately with my fil being so headstrong and stubborn, my husband hasnt found his voice to stand up to him just yet but i have a feeling that voice will appear the moment we meet our son.

i however have found my voice at a young age and some find that when i say word for word “can you please stop because i find it disrespectful and rude” they find it as me having an attitude problem. i think thats cause they aren’t used to having someone actually set and enforce boundaries.

@mogulmama I always see stories about grandparents with a lot of feelings about what their kids are naming their grandchildren and honestly the audacity of it all is wild.

I'd just start calling your FIL by a different name. "I'm going to call you John since I hate your real name and hopefully it'll help me love you more." Grandparents' rabies really needs a cure 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️

@mogulmama In-laws hate the name we picked out too especially the middle name , we chose to give our baby coming in November the same middle name as my mothers middle name she recently passed away in June ,middle name is Selina. They both hated it and had all these unsolicited opinions about it , they said “that’s different “ ,they asked my boyfriend “why would you use a first name as a middle name ?we don’t like it” Uhm ? Aren’t most middle names out there already used as first names ? Common middle names like grace , marie , anne etc can all be used as first names . After telling them it was my moms middle name they shut up about it but I can tell they still hate it lol .