sullero

This is really just a pure vent. I'm flippin' sick of ppl asking "Is she well-behaved?", "How was she at the event--did she behave?", and saying shit like "She's learning she can get what she wants if you pick her up every time she cries." and "You should do X, Y, and Z this way, or she'll learn she can take advantage of you."

...You can't ask if a baby is well-bahaved. They don't "misbehave"... they cry and fuss if they have needs that aren't being met. And babies aren't capable of manipulation--she needs to know she's safe and secure. She's 5 months ff's sake! 🤦‍♀️ Rant over. Thank you for "listening".

ETA: I recently found a very helpful and well-written article about the different types of parent-infant attachments you can build based on how you respond to your child's needs, and I thought some of you might find it helpful. I posted it on another thread, but the OP deleted their post shortly after putting it up.

@sullero I HATE THIS QUESTION. How can a baby “misbehave”? Why should they “behave” if their needs are not met? If they’re giving us a hard time it means that they’re HAVING a hard time.

@stevesgirl Yes! Next time you're hungry and you try to order some food, see how you like it when the restaurant says "No. You're misbehaving. I only respond to people who communicate what they want with silence."

@sullero Ugh, this the worst. I genuinely don't trust anyone around my baby because everyone thinks this. I even read on my fb mom group once how a mom would "pop" her 6 month old baby for misbehaving! 6 months old. How can a 6 month old even misbehave? What drove me insane was the rally of support other moms showed her because "You can never teach 'em too young." I hate it here. No baby should minimize their needs to suit their parents.

@sullero Yeah, my heart sunk reading it. A 6 month old baby is still so young. She (the baby) can't even comprehend why she is getting hit at this age. Not that my feelings would change if the baby was older.