Did r/ScienceBasedParenting just shut down?

@zastari So far, every "Science Based" parenting group I've joined has eventually gone that route. The moderators get crazy about something and decide there is One True Answer, no discussion allowed, which is just about the opposite of a healthy scientific debate / discussion.

Before the reddit community, I was declared a "lactivist" in a big "science based" Facebook group for disagreeing when a mod posted that "formula and breast milk are the same".

Not "have the same outcome for otherwise healthy babies". Nope, that mod was pissed and banning people for pointing out that they are not the same, and there's actual scientific research showing that breast milk has better outcomes for significantly premature infants. I also commented that sometimes certain types of formula are better for infants with allergies / intolerances because it's . . . . not actually the same as breast milk!

So yeah, as far as I can tell they all go down the route of "no discussion, science is a settled fact and can't be debated" in the end.

@zastari I loved that sub but left because the mod seemed to have weirdly personal feelings about co- sleeping and I didn’t like how she tried to lure certain members out or something by posting random co-sleeping stuff. It felt very dramatic to me. I generally liked the discussions on the sub though - I wish there was something similar.

@katrina2017 lol same. all I said was that the science was “mixed” (with links! to primary source articles!) and got absolutely slammed for not going along with the prevalent mindset that all forms of sleep training have zero potential negative consequences.

@juneairsbanjos When she banned talk on cosleeping I questioned whether it could be a bit discriminatory seeing as how the majority of the world practices cosleeping and she would be out casting their participation. She banned me and started sending me harassing dm’s about how I wasn’t going to play “the race card” on her and other crazy psycho nonsense.

@christfollower1993 I'm actually glad that sub is gone. The posting and comment rules were stupid. You're the first comment on the post but it doesn't include a link, the bot would remove your post because the top post can't be without a link. (Paraphrased) Damn, if I comment with personal experience based on my own research but don't have a link to share. Bot removed. Just overall the rules were ridiculous and too strict.