Day 7 of Being a Single Dad

@pinkroses89 It's going to get easier. Your body and mind will get used to the new strain. It will never get easy, but the soul crushing weariness every day will become more manageable lol. You're a great dad. Good luck!

@pinkroses89 Tougher for single dads. Wait till you start interacting with the school crowd if you haven’t already. I’m three years into the journey as a full time single dad and I wish you the best. Pm me if you ever want to talk.

@pinkroses89 4 years in to being a single mom and let me tell you it gets….the same. There’s always a new stressor as soon as you feel like you have a handle on the old one.

You’re doin the damn thang though and that’s what matters! Good luck!

@pinkroses89 It's not easy, but you'll get through it. Idk how single parents balance work and kids. I'm disabled (hopefully temporarily) and love getting to be there for my kiddos. The only thing I regret is not having better mental health to be a more engaged dad.

@pinkroses89 Keep it up :) you’re doing amazing!!! The first few weeks and months are the hardest but you will find your own routine :) I’m a single mommy to a 4 year old and some days are incredible hard but you do find a balance :)

@pinkroses89 My daughters dad left me when I was 3 months pregnant, she is only 18 months so I feel like rookie still, but also wow I understand why it take 2, it’s totally a 2 person job! Stay strong! Yes I live off coffee too! Most nights I’m asking myself coffee? Or wine? Lol best of luck!

@pinkroses89 You will figure it out!! I promise. My single parent dad told me once, “it’s not the decision you might have made, but you’re working with what you got” and that took A LOT of pressure off.

@pinkroses89 Im a year in, its rough in the beginning, you will definitely catch a rhythm, it still won’t be easy. But other will say you make it look easy.

@pinkroses89 From a single mom Planning, meal prep and Walmarts grocery pick up Is a life saver. I plan my meals. Write out my grocery list and order online at Walmart. Park and they bring it to the car. Saves so much time and energy. Cook everything on 1 day (seems like a lot but saves time during the week) and then warm up meals daily. I 5 year old use to warm them up while I got them ready for bed. I just would write how long on the tops. You got this dad!! You’re gonna do amazing!

@pinkroses89 You got this … I’ve been at it for 7 years now.
  • Be a minimalist (saves time cleaning)
  • be organized (Roygbiv, containers, label maker)
  • capsule wardrobe