Dating as a Single Dad is Frustrating

@madeline023 I said relationship, small r, not Relationship, aka formalized. You have relationships with many people. When you start talking with someone on a dating app you are at the start of a relationship with them. You are choosing to hide the fact you have kids from them in the hopes that you win them over enough that they will accept the fact you have kids, as well as the fact you hid it from them.

But being pedantic aside, assuming it leads to an actual Relationship, you would have started that Relationship out with dishonesty. Pretty shitty way to be, and not the start to a healthy Relationship.

@revdennis Unless they ask, it’s really not relevant to bring children up when getting to know someone. It’s not lying he’s just prioritizing himself because he’s looking for a partner and a partner needs to know him as himself first before they know him as a dad. Dating as a single parent happens in stages imo.

@revdennis You can keep your opinion, but you’re complicating your life and everyone else’s when you give different meanings to a word with a lower or upper case.

There’s no dishonesty, withholding information yes. It’s not in any kind of hope to win the latter over, the reality is that an early dating candidate has no business with my greatest weakness (my daughter). Unless she makes it known she wants to step into the role of Queen in my life, it’s checkers until then.

@madeline023 I can't believe you had to defend being honest here. Folks may not want to hear the truth but they deserve to get it upfront so we can ALL not waste each other's time. This isn't just about that other person as you said. I want to know if that's a dealbreaker as SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I had on my dating profile 'Widowed involved Father of 3.' That way, no one felt bamboozled. You knew what it was from the door. I'm with you on this one. Let's just get all of that type of pertinent information out there.