Daily Chat 9/6/14 Starving Saturday and Baby Watch: DwK Edition

jacknife

What are you shopping for? What are you eating? Tell us what's in your fridge!

We're also anxiously awaiting updates from /@bisi007 as she went in last night to be induced. :) You've got all our love, lady!

@jacknife Not currently shopping (trying to eat through the food we've got).

Made lasagna tonight for dinner (even though I made a small pan for me and my friend who's 34 weeks, we barely dented it. I forgot that both of us are eating like birds lately :p me because I still get randomly queasy and her because baby is taking up a lot of space :p)

Tomorrow she's making us pulled BBQ chicken on Hawaiian rolls with potato salad and chips. And we're going to tag-team making caramel apple cinnamon rolls. I CAN'T WAIT :D

@bodyandblood Right?! When she said she was making bbq and an apple dessert, I was like I'm in! XD

Though it looks like that plan might be out now. I just got a text that our husband's are heading back early from their camping trip (looks like her husband hurt his foot somehow?). :/ so we'll see. (Her husband has been on no carbs lately so she was going to pig out while he was gone so she wasn't tempting him but would be satisfying her cravings too)

@bodyandblood I know my husband is probably really disappointed. :( they've been planning this trip for over 4 months and dropped a lot of money on gear (they had to start from scratch since they've never been wilderness camping with lightweight gear). It's literally all he's talked about because he's been so excited. I feel so bad for him because they won't get another chance to go since our friend's wife is 34 weeks and it'll be too close to her due date. This was literally the last weekend they could go :(

I'm happy he's going to be home though. But it's looking like I caught my friend's cold (AGAIN WTF), so now I'm worried he's going to come home and just get sick. Sigh. This weekend just keeps getting better and better :p

@jerzy12 aww, what a bummer! i'm sure the next couple of months are out for a re-schedule, and then it's winter, and then you'll be having a baby, so, yeah, not a lot of camping opportunities :( how crappy!

maybe you guys can do something nice together tomorrow, even set up a little campsite in the backyard (if you have one, i'm in an apartment so idk) and have s'mores or something. not the same, but you can at least enjoy each other's company.

...also, don't feel too bad if your man gets a cold. at least he can take proper cold medicine!

@bodyandblood They just called and they're an hour away so now us wives are just waiting to see if they're Ok :p just sucks that they had to cut their trip short. But they'll get to participate in the feast we're going to make so... yay? XD (I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited he's almost home :))

@jerzy12 Ugh that sounds so good! I have literally no food in my house right now...need to make a grocery run ASAP. Maybe Hawaiian roll and BBQ will be in my near future. ;)

@jr47 If you want to do the bbq and have a crockpot, it's super easy: dump in chicken breast's, add in a little chicken stock, pour bbq sauce over the whole thing. Shred a few hours later and ta-da :)

@jerzy12 lasagna--yum!!! and omg those rolls. you must share the recipe and pics if possible. hubby's the chef here...maybe I can cajole him into whipping up a batch ;)

Back