Crazy to travel India with 2.5 months old baby?

@patrick226 I disagree with the person who said to wait til baby is 6 months. Go now while your baby’s needs are more easily met and baby isn’t mobile and will probably sleep most of the time. Now is the best time. That long of a flight with a more active baby at 6 months would be potentially harder. My little one started crawling (not just the up on all fours and rocking… like actual crawling right at 6 months!). He was so much easier to handle on flights when he was under 6 months old. Now (6 almost 7 months) he wants to grab everything and everyone on the plane and he wants to be moving around or entertained on flights. Otherwise he starts getting fussy. Changing him at the airport or on the plane was hard because he is now able to rollover and protest his diaper change. Try dealing with a blowout with a wiggly 6 month old on a small changing table 🙃. It’s more tiring compared to 3 or 4 months ago when he was just a little potato and he mainly just slept on the flight and could be soothed with simple repositioning or feeding.

@patrick226 I would go while baby is still young enough to sleep most of the time. I just flew with my 6/7 week old and it was a piece of cake. Granted it was not a long international flight

@patrick226 I travelled to Pakistan to US alone with my 2 month baby formula fed it was a total of 35 hours almost and I also I’m so sad I can’t breast feed I tried my best

@patrick226 I wouldn't attempt this. Flying with a baby is very difficult. Especially one that small. I would wait till 6 month +; If you're formula feeding, you're going to have to take a lot of formula with you.

Why did your mom's visa get rejected? usually they do not..

@kpm1118 Brother in Canada and I’m in USA
They rejected saying there is no strong ties to go back to India
Honestly she doesn’t like to be here in USA
She likes to be in India and coming only coz of the baby

@kpm1118 We’ll going thru Qatar with layover.
We’ll be booking a lounge in Airport if it’s too long.
But I think booking a hotel in between will only increase the travel time and make us even tired.

@patrick226 I agree with the other comments - go if you need to. Especially if there will be help when you get there, the hardest part will just be the flight there and back. Some tips if you're going to go on the flight alone:
  • Reach out to the airline to reserve an airplane bassinet if possible
  • Recommend being as hands free as possible through the airport so you can grab passport, tickets, phone as needed (leggings with pockets, diaper backpack, wear baby)
  • If you're bringing a stroller, gate check it. If you plan on baby wearing your baby through the airport, make sure it's a wrap with no metal or else you'll have to take it off during security check.
  • Pack emergency snacks you can eat with one hand - if you have a fussy baby, it may be hard to eat the full airplane meal with tray and everything while holding the baby
  • Bring a small cooler bag/ice packs for your 8oz RTF bottle leftovers. Bring an insulated mug or cup that your bottle can fit in and ask for hot water to warm up the chilled formula when baby is ready for the next feed.
  • Bring overnight diapers or size up for hopefully less diaper changes. Just make sure it's still tight.
Good luck and best wishes! No matter what your decision is, you can do this!!

@patrick226 Are you a working mom ? We also traveled with our 2 months old daughter. We took business class tickets and felt like every extra money we gave was worth. It was comfortable. If you can afford pls take business class ticket , it will be comfortable for both of you

@patrick226 PopYum 9 oz Orange Anti-Colic Formula Making/Mixing/Dispenser Baby Bottles, 3-Pack (with #2 Nipples) https://a.co/d/ccoLp5l

Just got these PopYum bottles for our 7 hour trip this coming Tuesday! I have a 3.5 month old, and while I’m nervous for sure, I’m just reminding myself that she has as much of a right as anyone to be on the plane. I’m also bringing a bag of ear plugs for any surrounding passengers if she does start to fuss.

Back