Going for three or am I crazy?

@chery49 Also, there is no guarantee the embryo will result in a live birth. I know it may seem like it’s a luxury but it’s not. We transferred our last embryo in January and it failed. About to start over with another round at the age of 37. (Have a 2yro and 4yro).

@chery49 She’s 40 though, I’m a bit older and wish I’d done it sooner - but to be fair, I just really was too overwhelmed. Helps a ton when they’re both potty trained sleeping through the night etc.

@morgannicole555 I’m pregnant with my third right now. My girls are 5 and 7. If they were 2 and 4, I would not have felt capable of bringing a 3rd into the home. They’re older so they don’t have to be supervised as much and can entertain themselves and each other.

Maybe wait a few years and see if you feel different? Although I don’t know how long you’re willing to wait. I’d also consider where you live and the politics surrounding IVF. In the U.S., things are looking bleak.

@binibiningkim This. For us the first 5 or so years is hard, then so so much easier (sleep is important haha). I go back and forth on whether or not the next five years would break me if we had a third.

@morgannicole555 My kids are 6 and 3. I am having our third in six weeks. Ultimately I made the choice not based on short term comfort or discomfort but what I wanted my family to look like in 5/10/30 years.

@jeahawaii 100% this.

My third just turned one today. We also have a 3 and 6 year old. Things are chaotic (but still beautiful now) but we want to have three kids, three teenagers, three adult kids. We want to have our house filled with family.

Totally done now with 3 though. No regrets here.

@morgannicole555 Some days yes some days no haha. Not going to lie some days my patience is really tested but it’s not too bad. I love seeing the bond growing between my boys though and can’t wait to see them grow up together.

@morgannicole555 My third is turning 1 soon! My kids were 4.5 and almost 3 when she was born - the past year has been BUSY (2 FT working parents) but she has added endless joy! And our other kids absolutely adore their sibling. Took us a few months to get into a routine, but 2 is also a lot and fulfilling. Good luck whatever you choose ❤️

@morgannicole555 We welcomed our third when mine were 4.5 and 2.75. Remember that if you start the transfer process now, when the baby comes your kids might be nearly a whole year older. Those first two years with two children were really really hard for us, Our life felt so much easier once we got into ages 4 and 2. We even took a Disney trip when I was 26 weeks and it was amazing, the older two did great.

At the end of the day only you can answer the question “how much more am I willing to split my energy and focus and raise another human being into adulthood?”

@morgannicole555 If you are already feeling exhausted and it’s so hard as is I personally wouldn’t.

Tbh I’ve asked parents of 3 if they were glad they had the first and no one can say no but they do say things like ‘I see families with 2 kids and think thats such a good size’, and ‘I don’t regret it but x y and z is hard’