Crazy to travel India with 2.5 months old baby?

@patrick226 I think you’re fine to travel but all I’ll say is that it sounds like you could use some counselling. Being a new mom is hard and going to your home country may or may not ease some difficulties but it’s not going to be a magic wand to improve your mental health or milk supply. I always advocate for getting to the root cause and working on it rather than a band aid fix which it sounds like what the trip will be.

Also what about baby’s dad? Is he ok being separated from you and baby? Given the distance I assume you’ll be gone at least a month if not longer.

@butterscoth Totally agreed. I have counseling appointment also next month. Though it’s not going to change the fact that I’m EFF or other issues, being with mom will change my mental health for sure. Being here I’m feeling like trapped in my home. Change of environment and being with mom will be peaceful at least.
And my husband is already worried that he will be separated from baby. We’ll be gone for 6 months he’ll be visiting us once in between.

@patrick226 That’s a staggering long time for dad and baby to be separated. He will never get this time back with baby.

If there are other options that can support you while keeping your family unit intact, I’d explore those. Why do you feel trapped where you are?

@butterscoth I’m in US… Actually back in India it’s a practice that pregnant women wil be with their Mom…. I was very mu ch expecting that but got pregnant in USA and couldn’t travel… Then I thought at least I’ll fly my mom here so that if not for pregnancy she’ll be with me and baby.. but her visa got rejected…. On top of that I can’t Breastfeed…. Baby is kinda fussy all the time….. Feeling like nothing is going good and wanted to go from here… My husband can’t come coz of VISA issues… he doesn’t have stamping…. Like all the ways, whatever I think, something is there to stop it…

@patrick226 You need to forgive yourself for the breastfeeding thing. It doesn’t work out for everyone. It’s not your fault. Your baby will be fine. Forgive yourself.

Im also south Asian and I had my baby during peak Covid. It’s hard but your baby is going to be fussy no matter what because that’s how babies are. Your mom can’t change that.

I think you really need to think about what you’re doing here. Separating dad from baby is irreversible.

@patrick226 My mom took me when I was that young. It’s pretty bad because babies immune systems are still developing so your baby will be at risk of getting sick. If you can hold off I would. But I understand as well being Indian

Back