Coworker refuses to use sick leave, even though I’m 5 weeks pregnant

@tseleng Gosh I wish I could ask my students to not come when they’re sick. That’s technically the rule but man, do parents love dropping off sick kids at school 🫠

@tseleng The person is completely correct OP! Your concerns are totally valid. I’m disappointed at the other commenters attributing your concerns to anxiety. The risks are actually real based on scientific studies. It’s normal to want to protect your baby during pregnancy and your coworker is being very inconsiderate. Good idea on the masks and chat with HR. Only thing I would add is could you get an air purifier or crack open a window to help improve air quality to help prevent you from getting sick?

@tseleng Thank so much for providing sources! I’ll be reading through all of them asap. And you’re correct, quitting my job is super extreme, but it may be a necessary nuclear option. I have a very niche roll in my org that requires me to be in-person 5 days per week with access to specific equipment. So I’m fairly confident/sad that there’s probably nothing they can do for me. I really like my job otherwise and I even like my coworker when she’s not acting absolutely heinous.

Back