My 3.5 year old refuses to use the big potty

@writtenword75 Give her room to figure it out on her own. We started with mini potties, then a big potty seat thing and finally just the toilet. We let our daughter make her own path and she was fully using a big potty before she was 4.

@writtenword75 So I'm a '82 baby. According to my mom me and my twin did this and she just protected the couch and put diapers on us at night but made us wear panties during the day and then when we messed ourselves and asked to be changed she would coo to us " oh but I thought you liked having wet panties, why would I change you, you like it." All sugary sweet and like. Apparently we used to respond with no mommy no mommy and she would gas light us. Not for the whole day just long enough for us to experience the discomfort think 30 min or so after we complained Then she would put us in a new pair of panties. She said she did a lot of laundry but that it took us less then a week to get the picture.

@jyoooohs Ive thought about doing the naked thing, i just dont want her peeing everywhere. Lol. They make these training panties now that hold in the liquid if they go. We've been trying those, but she just goes pee in them, and keeps wearing them because they dont leak. Maybe we should just try regular undies.

@writtenword75 I don't understand. Does she not use any potty? Or does she use a small potty but refuses to use the big potty? They are very different problems.

To me, the small potty is the kind that can be carried around easily, a simple bowl-shaped container. And the big potty is either a more complicated potty that looks like a toilet bowl, or it's the toilet bowl itself with the padded seat you put on top so that small kids don't fall in.

Back