Best Hygiene Products for Newborns

@computergal I'm not like other moderately granola moms in this area because I find that the marketing, pricing, etc for hygiene products can be very misleading. I mostly use what I would use on myself - I like single ingredient products like water, mineral oil, and vaseline during the early newborn stage, but have gotten swayed by Aquaphor soap and ointment. Basic unscented for everything else. I never needed diaper cream for either of my kids, I used Kirkland diapers and wipes.

@computergal I use Molly suds baby detergent (powder) and/or branch basics. Branch basics is a little pricier but I also use the regular all purpose spray to clean pump parts, bottles, etc. it’s safe for all things baby which I feel very comfortable with. The concentrate can be used for all purpose spray, bathroom spray, hand soap, laundry soap, etc. if branch basics is too pricey, I’ve also heard truly free is a great option.

As far as hygiene products, I personally use primally pure baby products. The baby bar is made with goat milk and is gentle on my baby’s skin. I also have used earth mama.

For diaper rash I use BLDG baby spray and it works like a dream. I also use the baby balm from primally pure.

Healthy baby and Joonya diapers and wipes are both great. I really like Joonyas wipes.

@computergal I use tubby Todd’s for lotion

Healthy baby for bath wash

Ecoriginals and Healthy baby for diapers ( and sometimes esembly cloth diapers). I LOVE ecoriginals. Healthy baby are kinda thin but good still.

Dirty labs laundry detergent

I use the ewg app a lot for products but also make my own decisions. Some of tubby Todd’s get marked down in ewg because of a scent or something like that, for example.

@computergal You don't need a separate detergent - the baby will be snuggled against your own clothes as much as their own. If the baby has a reaction and you need to change, you'll have to change your entire family's laundry as it is.

Back