Anyone else not “crave adult interaction”?

@porven I’m with you. While on maternity leave I enjoy stepping away from a high stress, deadline driven job and stepping into the homemaker roll. My adult interaction cup is filled enough by venturing out in public to pick up a few things at the store or taking baby to a doctors appointment. I think part of it is due to knowing that time is fleeting though. If I were a permanent stay at home mom, I’d probably line up some scheduled activities, like little gym or going to the library. I’m not a moms group type of person though.

@porven My hubby is like this. He’s definitely more fulfilled doing family stuff than professional. (Anything from babycare to house remodel.) I’m completely opposite. I think most of my ppd was due to such drastic change from my normal professional life.

@porven Yes and no. I don’t need more adult interaction with coworkers, because while I like most of them I don’t necessarily call them outside of work friends and I’m pretty satisfied with my social life without work.

I do, however, like all of the other things that come with working, especially self validation. I feel very unfulfilled by just managing a home. My husband probably feels the opposite of me and would be much happier being a stay at home dad…so it’s definitely person to person

@porven I absolutely feel this. I’m a professional who is too far gone to look back (and can’t for financial reasons), but I get almost 0 personal validation from work. I got a PhD and work my dream job that pays super well and it still does nothing for me and I just think of it as a way to fund my family/actual life. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy it, and I also do a great job at it, but literally I can say that none of my self worth comes from my job and it makes it difficult to relate with my coworkers who eat drink and breath our field.

I wish I could give my job to someone who works when they don’t need to lol that is NOT me. I will be out of this place the minute I reach retirement 😂