“It’s g’be okay, mama”

hedgie63

Tonight when my daughter (2.5) and I were snuggling up on our chair she turned to me and kept stroking my face and saying, “it’s g’be okay, mama”

She did this for like 10-15 minutes. She’s been doing this recently the past few days but today was the longest amount of time she did it. And tonight two years ago was when I didn’t think we would be seeing the sunrise ever again due to things coming to a head in an unhealthy relationship with her dad.

Tomorrow will mark 2 years since I left. Things are in a better spot now (I’m still single). But for whatever reason in the weeks leading up to this day, I just feel very uneasy and anxious. I have to remind myself we’re okay. And I’m thankful for her somehow knowing what to say as a 2.5 year old lol. She doesn’t know anything about the breakup.

But it brought a smile to my face.

@hedgie63 Kids are absolutely amazing like that, especially when they are still so young and still so connected to us as mothers. I remember I got into a pretty bad car accident when my now 4 year old was around 1.5 years old (someone guy blew a light and hit me doing 50 on a side road). I was beat up but nothing u could see and my little guy took his baby chair and faced my bed (I had couple broken ribs, whip lash and I messed up my ankle). Due to the pain I ended up falling asleep which I never did when he was awake and just to wake up at first panicked to see him playing quietly in his little chair that was facing my bed was so freaking heart warming...he was looking after me as tiny as he was. As much as we try to always be strong and not let them know what's going on they feel us and it showed me the true unconditional love we had for each. And that exactly what ur little girl was doing for you tonight. I'm so glad that u were able to get u and her out of a bad situation, that took alot of strength on ur part mama and I'm happy ur doing well. Your daughter knows she is safe with u, and she is showing u that u are also safe with her...its actually a very beautiful thing.

@hedgie63 I try my best not to cry around my daughter (3.5), but when I do, she always comes and gives me a hug and wipes my tears away and tells me it's okay. And it's the most beautiful form of comfort I could ever ask for.

I feel like as much as we want to always appear strong to our kids and hide everything, it's good for them to realize once in a while that parents are also human, and it helps teach them empathy and emotional bonding. To a healthy extent, of course. Sounds like you're raising an amazing daughter ❤️

@quandraa Children are so much more aware of things than we give them credit for 😭❤️ what a sweet story of you and your little. Sounds like you’re raising a great daughter too :)

@hedgie63 I was having a couple very bad mental health days this past week. Couldn't remember the last time I'd showered, got up in the morning and just had no motivation to do anything but lay on the couch all day. I fed and changed my kids and did basically the bare minimum to maintain their days, but I was just completely spent and felt useless myself. My almost 3yo came and sat with me on the couch to watch his show while his brother and sister played in the kitchen. I'd started to cry, and he asked me "you sad, mommy?" And I said "yeah buddy, mommy's sad." Without missing a beat, he put his little hand on my cheek and gave it a couple strokes, then wrapped me in a tiny warm hug and KISSED ME ON MY FOREHEAD. 😭😭😭 I don't deserve them, honestly. ❤️❤️ so glad you and your little one have each other. Somehow, someway, she has an idea what you did for her and she saw you in distress and just wanted to make you feel safe and loved, like you do for her. Happy you two shared that special moment. ❤️

@hedgie63 I was deeply sad about something a few days ago and cried hard in front of my toddler for the first time ever, and he put his whole palm on my cheek. They really know.

@hedgie63 Tonight I saw a very heavy tik tok abt Palestine and was crying hysterically. I tried to hide my face because I don’t like her seeing me cry, but she came up and gave me all of her stuffies and then a big hug. I held her extra close and thought about how grateful I am for her. I love our daughters. I love us. We’re all gonna be okay.

@falconeye I think it’s important to show our children that it’s okay to express our emotions

Your kid sounds amazing and adorable. You should be very proud of her. Stuffies do help