“EnJoY iT wHiLe iT LaSts”

courtneym

That quote has been told to me more times than I can count or “they’ll never be that small again enjoy it mama!” But I literally can’t enjoy it. It’s been 3 weeks since this baby’s been home and I haven’t had not even 5 hours of consecutive sleep since he’s been home. I’m lucky to get 3hr intervals of sleep during the night. But the baby tonight has been up from 9-12 pm went to sleep around 1ish and woke up at 4 to be fed. It’s currently 8:30 am rn and I’ve been rocking him, changed him, fed him extra and he’s been fighting his sleep for the last 4 fucken hours. By the time he goes to sleep it’ll be time to feed him again. I’m tired of this, I’m feeling trapped. I see the sun coming up and I’m thinking great time to do this all over again
I’m frustrated, I miss not having kids, I wish he’d just grow up already

@courtneym Ugh this is the hardest time. And sleep deprivation can make you feel horrible! Do you have anyone that can help out and take like a six hour shift. Even if you’re breast feeding…it’s totally worth it to have your breasts engorged just to get that long stretch of sleep and a shower. It’ll make you feel like a new person. These are the dark hard days! Sending you internet love and support! 💕💕💕

@courtneym Yeah my baby lived in 3 hour intervals. Still does, actually. But one day your baby will sleep 4 hours instead of 3. Then 5. You will get more sleep, I promise, just... not yet. Take a lot of pictures because you'll probably hardly remember this time. I look back through pictures of the first few weeks and there's pictures I don't remember taking AT ALL. You'll feel insane with sleep deprivation but you will get to sleep eventually! If there's anyone to help, please reach out. If not, just survive. You're going to get through it ❤️