When did first trimester hit you?

@pasha0672 A normal Pilates class is what, like 35$? So even if you did 3 classes the whole month it’d still be worth it. Would def sign up and continue with your 3/4x a week plan until you feel otherwise.

@j3nnward86 This! Although double check the cancellation policy/ late cancel fee. I was able to do Pilates most of first trimester (and up until 38 weeks), even when I was at my most nauseated, but there were a few days when the sickness came on suddenly. I would also let your instructor know that you’re pregnant pretty early. You shouldn’t have to modify too much that early, but if you need to, it’s helpful for them to know before class starts.

@pasha0672 I wouldn’t do it personally, because all three pregnancies the exhaustion hit me around 6 weeks. I just spend all day looking forward to going to bed. Zero energy. Each pregnancy has varied with the amount of nausea, but the exhaustion has been consistent. I’m just now feeling like I’ve got my head above water at almost 10 weeks.

Just depends on how much it’ll bother you to potentially waste money. You probably won’t have symptoms weeks 4-5. If you don’t mind, then go for it!

@pasha0672 I have been quite sick (now 10w5d) and have kept up about 90% of my running volume with lower intensity. I would personally sign up and just tell the teacher if you do end up pregnant. You won't need modifications that early on AFAIK but you can just say that you are pregnant and tired so you will maybe be taking breaks and ask them to honour any breaks you need to take during class.

@pasha0672 I started feeling nauseous a couple days before I tested and then it really hit me at 4 weeks, 2 days.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just figure out the minimum you'd have to get out of it in order for it to be worth it. It would be nice to go 4-5 times a week, but if you can't and you can only go 4-5 times the entire month, that means each class is costing you $20-25 each, would you still buy it? That could still be a really good deal depending where you're living!