What milestones were hardest for you on your TTC journey?

@hotinco For me it isnt so much the time milestones that hurt the most as much as watching other people have success. We've been trying for a year and a half. My younger sister is on her second pregnancy. I have several cousins on their first, second, or third pregnancy. We're on month three of medicated cycle even though it doesn't appear there's anything wrong. Husband's SA came back great. All my tests have come back great. I'm still waiting on an HSG but every month they say the lab has no availability. If one more person tells me to be patient, my time will come, I'm gonna explode.

I go through the ups and downs of hope and positive thoughts followed by disappointment too and all I can say is you're not alone. Even though I know it feels like you are. I've found great comfort and support in this sub. Wishing you all the strength as you continue your journey 💕

@iso lol 😂 I love the explode part. My obgyn said “you’ll have a baby when the baby is ready” trying to comfort me and it just didn’t sit well with me. Or the people who say are you sure you want kids. Like wtf 🤬 clearly I’m trying because I want them.

@namtipab She sure did. I know she was well meaning and has been very sweet in the past so I just bit my tongue. I don’t think a lot of people know how to respond to people struggling to conceive. It’s just a constant bingo 🙃.

@injesusname78 I had my pcp tell me at about 6 cycles in “don’t worry, you WILL get pregnant.”

I had my introductory obgyn appt on cycle 9 (earlier this cycle) and he said the same thing. I know it sounds encouraging but it made me want to cry both times because we are just inching closer to the year mark, my husband has low motility and I have an inkling that I have underlying issues as well. For me personally, it doesn’t make me feel better. Just filled with dread🥲

@iso I agree.. I remember when I made my next annual physical appt. thinking I'd probably have a baby by then or be at least pregnant, then when the appt came up a year a later it was cancelled because my doctor was on maternity leave.

@iso Same here. Although I’m happy for everyone who made their pregnancy announcements, it stung a little when I was still in the early stages of IVF. I think the thought of wanting to know when is it going to be my turn, bothered me.

@cultleak With my insurance, i HAD to do bloodwork, an HSG, and my husband had to do an SA before they would move on to IUI. Not sure if all insurance is like that

ETA: maybe it wasn’t so much my insurance as it was the fertility clinic i went to. Not sure who makes the rules for that, but that’s how it was in 2020

@lkl I’m currently shopping for insurance and I don’t think this is very common. I’ve a lot seen insurance that requires a certain amount of IUIs before moving to IVF though

@hotinco Ordering a pack of OPKs last month and realizing that exactly a year ago (to the day) I ordered my first pack. It really hit me then how much time has passed. It feels like I am literally going in circles. I am so sick of peeing on sticks.

@hotinco I mean idk where do I start lol.
  • husband had stage 4 cancer, 6 months chemo. Delayed trying and also affected his sperm.
  • right off the bat, miscarriage my 3rd month off birth control.
  • hitting a year
  • first time hitting my due date without a baby in my arms, and all the should-be birthdays since.
  • first failed treatment is a hard milestone, even if it’s just TI
  • first egg retrieval (unsedated) that resulted in 0% fertilization was a really hard one
  • hitting 2 years
  • endometriosis diagnosis
  • DOR diagnosis (truly the only one I’ve had big tears for as after all this I am dead inside)
  • first failed FET
  • 3 year mark looming.
Oh and now I’m having to fight for access to IVF in my state, my transfer scheduled for mid-March is threatened to be cancelled, my embryo held hostage and unable to do more retrievals at my clinic. Wasn’t one I had on my milestone bingo card, but I guess that’s the free space?

COME ON UNIVERSE LET ME CATCH MY BREATH, DAMMIT.

@loakeohna I really appreciate it, we hope it can happen too. And I know those legislators are tired of hearing from us and seeing our faces so I know they hope it happens too 🤣

Never ask how something can get worse, because it somehow always can!

@jazzgirl50 holy shit. I want to fight someone on your behalf. You have been through the effing ringer, I hope you get your transfer ASAP. (if not, and some legislators need to catch some hands...just saying... :p)

@nikolaj They had me in their faces on Wednesday at advocacy day, telling them all about my hot flashes from being in medically induced menopause for the last month and losing my hair because of all the hormone fluctuations I’ve had lately, which tbh is equivalent to catching some hands for these
white republican southern men 😂😂 these are women troubles!!