What in the world do you all feed your 9 and 10 month olds? I’m at a loss, PLEASE HELP!

@justanotherabdullah At that age my twins did not eat what we ate. That came later. My son was not liking anything not mixed at that point. He only liked purees, compotes, soups etc. At that age mine loved: baby yoghurt, baby porridge, all soft stuff. I think it depends on the kids, but mine were no pioneers they took their time. As said by others just make them some purees or if you are eating some just let them eat it too. Same goes for soup. What you could try is some banana but squeezed with a fork so it is a little less liquid. Mine loved that also. I would say that only after they turned 18 months they became a little more willing and able to really try and eat more solids and more of ‘our’ food. I think they were simply a bit slower then some. It was never a worry though. They are doing great and have met all of their goals. Do not stress out. You have got this. It will be fine.

@justanotherabdullah Probably around 11/12 months. There's an app that I use, its called Solid Starts (I only use the free bit). It shows you how to cut up food for babys age and I found that was helpful for them.

I think at 13/14 months we were able to bin the purees completely (as a meal) and just chop up our food into appropriate sizes.

@justanotherabdullah We are just about 9 months here and are doing 2 meals and maaaybe one snack. Their printer grasp is definitely starting to develop so we do chopped up bits of a lot of stuff that we eat. I try and focus on iron rich foods and veggies which ends up being a lot of meat. Deli meat has been really handy, I just make sure to watch the sodium. Cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese or cheese slices for dairy. Oatmeal, bambas/puffs (try to limit these though), smashed beans, hummus (we haven’t tried yet but I bought some), eggs. Some kind of cut up fruit or avocado. Mix peanut or almond butter in yogurt or cereal. Frozen veg (thawed when served) like broccoli and cauliflower if we don’t have appropriate veg with our dinner. Sometimes I’ll steam a sweet potato in the microwave and that will last us a while. I think those are all of my go tos, I’ll be interested to get some more ideas though!

@justanotherabdullah Right now they are learning about food. Taste and texture and temperature. Give them what you are having and let them play with it. They don't need teeth to finger paint with mashed potatoes. Yes, most of it will end up on them instead of in them, but that's ok. As long as they are developing normally and gaining weight, you don't need to worry about how much, or if, they actually eat.

Also, don't spoon feed them. If you're eating a soft or runny food, help them get some onto the spoon and then let them wave it around in one hand while they use the other to scoop stuff directly into their mouth. Eventually they'll figure it out.

@justanotherabdullah At this age I did mostly roughly mashed foods with some very soft table food. For example: oatmeal, berries (raspberries, cut up blueberries, etc.), soft mashed carrots, mashed potatoes mixed with very small cut up pieces of chicken and gravy, soft cooked veggies mashed or cut into pieces, spaghetti with meat sauce and cut up the noodles, mashed up meatballs or meatloaf, rice, shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, etc.

My daughter had no issues with eating this without teeth. I let her eat with her hands.

@justanotherabdullah Our kids are 6 months and we are doing baby led weaning so they feed themselves solid foods. Solid Starts has a free app that shows you how to cut/prepare different foods. As long as there isn’t too much salt, almost anything is fair game.

Back