What do you do during wake windows???

@misslou Whenever I run out of ideas that means it's time for a walk outside lol. I put her (4.5 months) in the baby wrap, pop her little sun hat on and walk around the apartment complex to let her look around at the bushes and the trees and the sky. She loves looking at clouds.

@misslou Weeks 8-16 were super hard for me with the new sleep patterns and short wake windows. I was going stir crazy. It was hard to get out of the house without having a nap on the go, and those kind of naps made witching hour worse.

No real advice other than it will go quick and you'll be to an easier schedule soon.

Also, get the electronic crab that lights up and makes sound and zips back and forth. That was a tummy time game changer for us.

@misslou Our baby is about to be 3 months next week. After her nap, we talk to her a bit and wait for her to wake up more. Then we do tummy time 5-10 mins or more and then walk her around the house and talk to her, show her stuff etc. this includes mirrors where she sees herself, also play with toys and show her toys and rattle balls. then change her then feed her. Then walk her around again and keep her upright for a bit then eventually she gets Tired and goes to sleep
Anything that keeps them engaged and interactive is excellent. I find babies like fans, lightbulbs etc

@misslou I do a walk or sometimes two a day just around the neighborhood because some days I just can’t keep her occupied enough and a good playlist and a walk always keeps her content. I also recline her high chair back and have her sit in the kitchen with me with some toys while I do dishes or cook and she loves that

@misslou Mine is almost 7 weeks old and one of our wake window activities is singing and dancing to (grown up) songs in front of the mirror - wide range of artists, from the Beatles to Dire Straits to Eiffel 65 and Coldplay. The mirror mesmerises him and he doesn’t mind my terrible singing (yet)!