What are your plans for Mother’s Day?

@barry61 My 4 yo daughter learned about Mother's Day at Pre K today. On the drive home she told me I get to sleep in that day and that her and dad will bring me breakfast in bed with a flower in a vase :)

@barry61 My older two will hopefully be at my parents' house for the weekend, and hopefully I can get a haircut or something while my husband stays with the baby. I'm also insisting on a home improvement to happen in our kitchen. Our house came with a wine fridge built into the island, in a spot that obviously (in our opinion) should instead house a sliding trash can drawer. Well we don't drink enough wine to justify the fridge, and the place our trash currently is sucks. So my mother's day gift request is that my husband buy and install the sliding drawer we agreed on months ago.

@barry61 Probably go to brunch if I wake up early enough. If not we will probably just chill at home, I’ll eat all the candy my husband will get me and then maybe go to my moms house for dinner

@barry61 Deep clean of the house since MIL is spending that weekend with us sigh it's my own fault, I offered before thinking it through. Husband will be busy wrangling her, since we don't have a guest room she'll use our room while we sleep on couches*, she sleeps late as hell so I'm sure we won't/can't use the coffee maker when we wake up. This actually reminded me to start the meal list for that weekend so I can go ahead and get the foods. So add food prep to the list.

*we live in a college town, graduation is same weekend so alllll hotels/air bnbs have been booked for weeks. She's mainly coming for kid's performance that weekend

@barry61 i told my husband i want to do a high tea charcuterie brunch at home, followed by me getting an actual shower/blow dried hair, then we're going to drive somewhere beautiful with flowers to do a tripod family photoshoot

@barry61 Just to call my mom and my mother in law. My husband always does something nice for me. Usually a nice chunk of quiet time. As he knows that's what I truly want 🥰😂

@barry61 Dinner out at an Asian buffet the night before. Relaxing morning with French toast and mimosas. Might fire up the smoker for dinner. Ribs and such. I want a relaxing day where I don’t have to get dressed and deal with a crowded restaurant for $15 pancakes and eggs.

@barry61 My husband hasn’t even mentioned it yet. Every year I tell him he’s in charge because I just want a day to plan nothing. Last year he gifted me tickets to see Hamilton which was so nice. We’ll see if we do anything this year. That being said, he has to work on Mother’s Day so we’ll see

@barry61 Going out to brunch with my side of the family in the morning and then my husband will take the kids to his mother’s in the afternoon while I nap or shower or something.