What are your best mind blowers for kids under 5?

mbinks89

Seeing my kids expressions when I do the simplest of tricks is one of my favorite things. The detached thumb, quarter behind the ear, disappearing behind a thrown blanket while not hitting your knee running into the other room, etc. They're not all magic tricks, just mind blowers in general. I'm running low, fellas and I've gotta produce before my shenanigans are "Big Yikes". Whatcha got?

@mbinks89 This one is hard to describe. Wear a long sleeve shirt, pull one arm out of a sleeve, hold the empty sleeve collar with the hand that’s in a sleeve so that it looks like the empty sleeve actually has an arm in it, and then punch out your belly with your free hand.

@hellokitty Omg I’m dying laughing right now. Tim and Eric can be hit or miss but that had me cracking up. I couldn’t find a video or gif to link so the fact that you pulled this was so perfect.

@freddyfreddo For an elevated take on this, brown paper bag catch

Give them an invisible ball to throw and you hold the bag; once they wind up and release, really sell it by tracking with your eyes and flicking the bottom of the bag to make a satisfying catch sound.

I've gotten good enough at this that my kids get into fights about who actually has possession of the invisible ball to throw next

Back