What are the most common unsolicited comments you receive when out with multiples?

@nihal I’m pregnant with twins and I have had someone say how did this happen 🧐 like was I trying to get pregnant with twins like how the heck does a woman try to get pregnant with twins and if this happened naturally … umm I’m like yeah the old fashion way 😩😂

@nihal I used to get a lot of these, especially the are they natural and you have your hands full.

Now that we have a second set of twins the #1 question by far is "Do twins run in your family" to which I always answer "they do now"

@nihal I’ve always enjoyed embarrassing my wife in public. For example if she’s dragging me round Zara buying clothes she doesn’t need, i don’t start complaining, I just start dancing very enthusiastically and make it very clear we’re there together. Works a treat.

Twins has been the perfect ammunition for this hobby.

“Are they twins?!”

“Triplets actual-OH SHIT NOT AGAIN!!”
(Then I turn around and sprint away panicked, leaving my wife to explain with a red face that I’m just joking and haven’t left a third baby somewhere)

And it’s also fun to flip it around - see another couple in public with a singleton and loudly exclaim “PFFT… Only one baby? Piece of piss that. Where’s their other baby? Amateurs…”

@nihal “Oh, got your hands full!”

What is the appropriate response? “No, not really - twin parenting is actually really easy!” Or, “Yes, yes I do. One child woke up at 1am and took an hour to get back to sleep, and I’ve been up since 4am with the other.”

@nihal We haven’t gone out with them much yet but we have still gotten the comments. I remember when we were in the NICU, a couple went by and the dad said “oh jeez, he’s got two girls. Poor guy!” I thought it was pretty rude. Especially when we are all in the NICU hoping for the best for our kids. Having two girls, I hear “Oh! You are outnumbered!”

Back