This subreddit needs a wiki

@duke845 This is great! I’ve also thought there should be a weekly thread for folks coming back to work from leave who need tips/pep talks because we seem to get 5-10 posts like that a week.

@duke845 Please add that mommy and me/toddler classes are during working hours because they’re designed for children and moms to get social interaction because they’re missing out on what you and yours are getting at work/daycare.

Preschool graduation can’t be at 6 PM because the teachers want to go home.

@contpar100 I loved storytimes at 10am at my library during maternity leave. And I can totally understand why it's in the morning before prime nap times and when kids are generally more chill. It's a great way to meet other moms, especially the SAHs. I don't see why libraries should accommodate a working parents schedule for their baby and toddler activities. I wouldn't want to attend one at 5:30pm.

@duke845 Q: Is it ok if I travel for work if I want to? Should I feel guilty? Sure, it’s ok. No need to feel guilty. Yes, it’s ok to feel a little guilty. All feelings are usually ok but the kids will be fine.

@duke845 11) If you need a break, take it!! If you don't take care of yourself, you are going to break, which is helpful to absolutely no one. And no one is going to take care of you except you. Fight for yourself and your health it's literally all you have in this world, even if you have an amazing partner.

@duke845 This is what I needed to see today, as my 17 month old starts preschool this week (he has been with grandparents and sitters in my home while I WFH since my maternity leave ended).

Thank you.

@kunjax And say it out loud to their faces. They will learn to leave you and other people alone.. Then you can ride off into the sunset with your messy bun and undereye bags.

@duke845 I agree with everything except 4. Society does not hold men accountable for being shitty dads, but that does not mean we should lower our standards for moms, it means we should raise our standards for dads. No, no parent should be traveling for weeks on end when they have small kids.

@andujartyler I think you’re being downvoted because this is a sub full of people who are devoted to some idea that an equal split of responsibility is what is fair. There is very little discussion of the reality of what is right - what is right for a family as a whole, may not be equal for each parent, nor equally fair to both.

Back