This subreddit needs a wiki

@alh 100% this. I meal prep on Sunday afternoons because there is no way I'm cooking after work. The first thing my toddler says when she gets home from daycare at 5 is "mommy, I want food." (Even after the car snack)

@jennifer_savannah Also, waitlists. We were the first in our families generation and friend group to have a baby. We politely tell all expecting parents at an appropriate time (not at a pregnancy announcement etc) to look for daycare spots ASAP. All of them scoff at us like we're nosey know-it-alls. Almost all have them have been screwed because they didn't take our advice.

@acult Yes! We told daycare before we told my in-laws! But so far I've been one of the only ones in my group of friends who was able to return to work after my maternity leave with daycare set up. One of my friends needed to extend her leave without pay and most ended up in daycares they didn't love while waiting to get off the wait-list of the one they like!

@acult This happened to us because the friends who told us to do that are super type A (eg they got a tutor for their preschooler so that they could get into the “right” kindergarten) so we didn’t take them seriously. We ended up licking out into an awesome place BUT it is very, very expensive (like when others complain about costs they often aren’t even paying half of what we pay - but I’m in a very HCOL location so we aren’t even the most expensive!)