Still mourning Tide free & gentle powder

@y0ung1996 I would switch to a pre wash and main wash before switching detergents. That is likely your issue, not the liquid detergent. And make sure the main wash is on hot!

@green5 This has been the best option for me. I use the Tide F&C liquid for pre wash and Tide powder with Bleach powder (scented) for main wash with as many rinses as possible. It’s fine so far.

@y0ung1996 That's unfortunate, especially since there's so few powdered free and clear options these days. I used Tide F&G when the All F&C was unavailable for a while, so if that happens again I honestly have no idea what I'd switch to.

@y0ung1996 BC here 🤗 I have hard water and I tried a few different ones after it got discontinued. The first I bought was Purex f&g liquid. Then I was on Tide f&g liquid and recently we are trying the Tide f&g hygienic liquid. I don't really see a difference here. The one thing I did change is I now add borax every load as a water softener.

@y0ung1996 We use the tide free and gentle liquid (in the white bottle). Our water is extremely soft and we’ve found that it rinses easier than powder. I was tempted to try the powder version when it came out but passed since we were having no issues.

Is that available? We can find it readily in northern Ontario. I’ve heard the free and clear (yellow tub?) isn’t that great and I can’t stand the smell of the regular tide.

@y0ung1996 I’m in AB too and on very hard well water. We switched to regular Tide for our diapers. Someone else mentioned the smell doesn’t really stick badly with hot water, and that’s been our experience too. Borax definitely helps as a water softener! You might have success with adding some and keeping the same detergent.

Back