Single Dad, with 2 girls...please help with hair!

hrse2wtr

Fulltime-single dad here. I have two sweet girls...4 year old and 7 year old.
For years I've been brushing their long hair with a part to the side. A pony tail, or pig tails, are about as creative as I can get.

Does anyone know where I can go to learn how to do braids, buns, or creative designs with their hair? I have 0 creativity, but I'm good at working off of a template! Is there a popular style? Technique? Time hacks? I hate to think that they look like their dad did their hair...can anyone help me fake it till I make it?

@hrse2wtr Can't recommend this enough. Phil is an awesome guy and he is raising an amazing daughter. He's really good about answering questions. He's also got a bunch of tutorials on youtube.

@sunshine74 Awesome. I was hesitant about sharing your username because I don't know you. I've seen a few of your posts though about hair class, figured OP would want to know about your hair classes.

@hrse2wtr Youtube is your friend. My daughter find tutorials on there. Some are better than others.

My daughter and I really enjoy the tutorials from Cute Girls Hairstyles. They have tonnes of different styles to try. She also watches their other video blog stuff.

I also found the ladies at Luxy Hairstyles provide good explanations

I suggest to learn the basic technique for French/Dutch braids and go from there. I much prefer the look of the Dutch braid over the French, as the braid sits on the outside of the head.

We both really enjoy doing this together. I look forward to trying new things and improving my technique. I finally got the hang of double dutch braids.

@sarahcopeland Thanks! You're speaking my language here. My oldest wants to be more creative than the pony tail, but it took me a year of trial and error to even get the finger dexterity down on high, tight pony tails.
I've bookmarked CGH and subscribed to Luxy...thanks again!