Should I leave my wife with a 2-mo old for a week?

@younglite As a guy, two months in with both of mine I didn't have enough sleep in my system to handle the prep for a trip like this, let alone tackle the trip itself.

@younglite Yeah I don't think you should even bring it up with her LOL.

I recommend waiting. It depends so much on the kid and your wife but maybe wait until they are 6mo or preferably 1yo. Also make sure you are also offering her a week off too, or something equivalent if that isn't realistic. :)

Edit: OMG and find a way to be reachable somehow, I totally missed that part. If you want to be unreachable you should wait a lot longer.. like years.

@younglite No, sit this one out this year. As a dad of a 3 and 6 year old now. Your can probably go next year.

2 month old you will be in the dog house. #2cents

Update from OP: thanks so much. This is super helpful. I’m kaboshing it, there will be no discussion of this!

@younglite Absolutely not. I was hesitant leaving for an extended weekend when my son was 6 months old and I’d be able to have constant contact.

@younglite No, 2 months really is just too young. Overnight trip and you’re off-grid, maybe. No support nearby for your wife and child though is too much at that time.