Should I leave my wife with a 2-mo old for a week?

@younglite Think of it this way, you can go on a canoe trip with your friends, or you can be a good husband and father. Choose the one that suits your character.

@younglite I’m not saying I’m doing it right, but I’ve got a two month old and just turned down an invitation to a dinner with my coworkers because that’s time away from my kid. So that’s where I’m at mentally.

@younglite As someone who has to travel for work and just had to leave my 1m old for the first time. I’d rather spend that week with my baby than with my buddy.

@younglite This is definitely not a good idea and for sure don’t mention it to your wife lol. I don’t think you’d even want to leave your child during this time either! You’ll be wanting to soak up all that time with them.

@younglite Don’t think about it too much. Man up and be there for your wife and child. They should be more important to you than your friend. Plus, you can always join your buddy next year. Don’t mention any of this to you wife.

If this is your first child, you will realize how serious giving birth and providing care is once the baby arrives. It will be more intuitive to you to do the right thing. Congrats!!

@younglite I'm gonna have to start traveling for work again soon in 4 to 5 day increments. Ours will be around 2 months old when that happens. Really it's just how will you and your wife be in that moment ? My wife is used to me traveling for work and she has been working on being more independent leading up to me traveling again. But I HAVE to do that to put food on the table. Maybe look at either a shorter trip or one when the kid is a little older. Or look at having siblings or parents be able to stay for a few days or the week if possible. Just throwing ideas out.

@younglite If you do want to do a trip with him maybe you could go on a one day/night trip if your wife seems open to it. I would offer her the same and encourage her(pending breastfeeding situation) to do the same and have a whole day with one of her girlfriends or a relaxing night away in a hotel. I’m a first time mom and while idk if I would feel comfortable two months out, I do want my husband to retain some from his previous life(though I agree, two months after is tricky..)