Should I leave my wife with a 2-mo old for a week?

@younglite My friends and I do a guy trip every few years. Once it’s planned it’s make it if you can and not everyone can make it.

Skip this one and try to catch him next year!

@younglite I have a 9 week old. A whole week? No way. Especially in the wilderness with no cell service. There’s a lot that can go wrong on both ends. Shoot even a weekend would be asking a lot in my opinion.

@younglite No way. Just push the trip. If you said 7 month old. Then I’d say few days is fine as long as maybe your wife’s parents can come help. But 2 months cmon man. We are all on call for the baby in first 5-6 months. Even after but I’m hoping gets slightly easier.

Your friend will understand. Buy him a beer if he doesn’t.

@younglite Not a good idea. Maybe find an alternative where you stay home but you still see your buddy, has he come to meet the baby?

I had a similar situation with some friends. I just said no. They understand. There will be more ocassions in the future.

@younglite I’m two months in with my first and it’s impossible without my partner here. He’s just gone back to work which is 8 hours a day and it’s exhausting for me. This is not a decision you can make before you have a baby, I honestly had no idea how hard a newborn is until I had one! Good on you for checking but it’s definitely a no from me.

@mualahartik Agreed. My husband went back to work when babe was five weeks and damn it that was one heck of an adjustment. He was away for one night when she was three months and that was plenty haha

@younglite No, bad idea! If you were reachable by cell, could easily return home, and arranged to have a trusted friend or family member stay and help your wife while you were gone… it would be a maybe.

If you end up with a high needs baby 6-10 weeks is peak “baby won’t stop crying”, “I can’t set them down”, and “was up every 1-2hrs” time period. Your partner will want your help!

@younglite Bro I felt guilty going to a sporting event with my brothers for 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon, leaving my wife with our 2 month old (tickets were purchased before we knew we were expecting). I can't even fathom thinking of leaving her for an entire week.

Don't tell her. Forget about this trip this year and maybe even next. You'll get your leisure time back, eventually.