Secret day off...Update!

@maves I highly recommend taking a day off to yourself as reasonably often as possible. I used to take a day off work every month and it was my "mental health day." Kids went to school, hubby went to work, and I learned to keep it a secret so others couldn't impede with their obligations or errands. Truly saved my sanity!

@maves I love the vibe of you on a secret mission to spoil yourself as you absolutely deserve. Being the badass woman that you are and then immediately come clean to your husband about your day. That is 1000% something I would do to my husband because I wouldn’t be able to keep the secret & probably feel slightly guilty about it. I’m super glad you had a wonderful time. Here’s hoping you don’t have to wait as long for the next one.

@maves I’ve done this a few times and it is fantastic! I either go rollerblading by the beach or get a massage or once I went kayaking with a group of strangers lol. Glad you spent some time for yourself, you deserve it :)

@maves There is an episode of Father Knows Best where the mother does the same thing so moms have been doing or wanting to do this since at least 1957 😂. I’ve done it and can’t wait to do it again. Good for you!

@maves It’s great you enjoyed your day. It’s not great that mothers feel like they only deserve one day to themselves every 3 months, and feel wracked with guilt about it before and after. I’m a mom and I get it. But we deserve to treat ourselves as often as we like and not be made to feel guilty.